Jan 5, 2022
Chapters and Timestamps From This Episode:
- [00:47] Chapter 1: What inspired Nic and Lucas’ new article for
Bitcoin Magazine? Plus, clarifying how blockchains actually
- [01:46] Chapter 2: Misconceptions circling the Bitcoin space:
Does POW = high transaction fees?
- [05:00] Chapter 3: POW 101.
- [12:27] Chapter 4: What POW does and does not do.
- [20:11] Chapter 5: What is “pruning?”
- [24:16] Chapter 6: POW has nothing to do with how scalable a
- [31:05] Chapter 7: Diving into POS. Does POS have a purpose and
can it be decentralized?
- [42:38] Chapter 8: Is POW a projection of power?
- [53:00] Chapter 9: The group’s takes on ETH attempting to
switch over to POS.
- [57:44] Chapter 10: What could a majority validator do for
- [1:02:40] Chapter 11: How is Coin Metrics currently involved
with ETH and what does it mean for the crypto landscape?
- [1:08:50] Chapter 12: Thoughts on Bitcoin’s incentive structure
and uncertainties about the mining ecosystem.
- [1:20:30] Chapter 13: Arguments against those saying Bitcoin’s
POW doesn’t have utility.
- [1:25:44] Chapter 14: Closing comments. What Bitcoin’s energy
consumption is really bringing to the world.v